1. The wing must be sectioned into two pieces, with the tip discarded
2. The wing must be deep fried.
3. Wing and sauce only, no breading or any other type of coating.
4. Celery and blue cheese must be available
GE Cool Zone Deep Fryer
1. The wings should not be too small and dried out when cooked, or not so large that they can be mistaken for legs.
2. The sauce must maintain flavor at all heat levels.
3. The sauce must evenly and fully coat the wing. Wings served in puddles of sauce can cause the sauce to overwhelm the wing. Too little sauce diminishes taste.
4. Wings should be cooked to obtain a crisp skin and the meat should not be under or over cooked.
5. Finally, Just like Wendy's the meat must be fresh not frozen to rate at the highest quality. Everything else being equal, it takes a fresh wing to reach 4 or 5 stars here on Columbuswings.com. There are lots of good wings that are frozen, but fresh is best. For homemade wings, fresh wings cook faster and are less greasy.